Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Breakfast Scheme Eligibility Criteria | TN Breakfast Scheme Online Application Procedure, Menu of Breakfast , Objective | The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Breakfast Scheme | Children who eat breakfast on time are comparatively more energetic. Skipping breakfast makes youth weary, angry, as well as restless. Therefore, the Government of Tamil Nadu state has recently launched the chief minister’s breakfast initiative. This scheme will provide the most important meal of the day to all the children.
Government of Tamil Nadu state has announced this scheme on 27th of July, 2023. This scheme will help nearly 1500 government elementary schools. This will include approximately 1.14 lakh students, as per the reports. Today through this article we will provide you all details about the TN Chief Minister’s breakfast scheme. This includes the eligibility criteria, benefits as well as the process to apply for CM Breakfast Scheme.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Breakfast Scheme 2023-24
- The state government of Tamil Nadu has recently inaugurated the Chief Ministers’ Breakfast Scheme 2023 for the very first time in Tamil Nadu state. As it is the most important meal of the day, one should never neglect their breakfast, as suggested by the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister during inauguration event of this scheme. Most of the children rush to reach their school early in the morning. Due to this several children skip their breakfast. As a result, the skipping of breakfast makes them weary, angry, and restless.
- Under the scheme, Government will provide breakfast to all the pupils of classes from one to five.
- The government has sanctioned Rs 33.56 billion for this TN Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme on 27th of July, 2023.
- Under the first phase of this program, the government will ensure breakfast to around 1,545 government primary schools. This will ultimately result in nearly 1.14 million students receiving breakfast from their school.
- This will only provide the most nutrient-dense breakfast to elementary school students on school working days.
- The local bodies will look after the implementation of this scheme. As only then this will get expanded and cover all of Tamil Nadu state.
- During the present tenure of his party-led administration, the school breakfast program will surely be elevated to the higher level.
- A complete meal containing 150–500 grams of breakfast with sambar and healthy vegetables is to be supplied to each and every student. The government has also decided the breakfast menu for the 5 working days (Monday to Friday).
The Breakfast Menu Under Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme
|Monday||Rice Upma or Rava Upma or Semayya Upma or Wheat Upma with Vegetable Sambar.|
|Tuesday||Rava Khichdi and Samay Kichadi, Vegetable Khichdi, and Veet Rava Khichdi with the Vegetable Sambar.|
|Wednesday||Rava/Pongal Pongal and Vegetable Sambar.|
|Thursday||Upma of Rice & Rava, Upma and Samay, Upma and Veet Rava, Upma and Rava Kesari, And Samay Kesari|
|Friday||Rava Khichdi, Samay Khichdi, and Vegetable Khichdi, Rava Kesari, and Samay Kesari.|
Overview Of Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme|
|Initiated By||Chief Minister M.K Stalin|
|Date of Launch||27th July 2023|
|Beneficiaries||Scholl Students (Class 1st – 5th)|
|Main Benefit||Free Breakfast|
|Official Website Portal||Available Soon|
Objective Of Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme
The major aim of this initiative is to raise awareness about the importance of self-confidence among school students. Educating school students about the significance of mental as well as physical health by introducing such messages will not only make students intelligent but will also raise awareness in the society. The objective of this scheme is to provide schoolchildren a nutritious and heathy breakfast. This will not only assist them get off to a great start in the day but will also help in overall health of students. This program is going to assist a huge number of elementary school students. Consequently, the TN government has allocated an enormous budget of Rs 33.56 crores for the first phase from 2023 to 2023.
Benefits Of TN CM Breakfast Scheme
There are a large number of benefits under this scheme, which are as mentioned below-
- The breakfast program will include students in classes from 1 to 5. As this will provide a free meal in the early morning.
- A healthy breakfast nourishes the child’s brain as well as general wellness.
- The scheme also motivates children to come to school daily and nourishes their health.
- With the introduction of breakfast meal, students who miss breakfast early in the morning will not have to feel hungry at school. Also they will remain attentive throughout the school day.
- The scheme will give initial benefits to nearly 1.25 lakh young people.
- Along with this, it will also eliminate the nutritional shortfall in elementary schools, Mainly in metropolitan areas. As there students from disadvantaged backgrounds lack the necessary nutritious meals in the morning.
- A total of 43,600 students in municipal corporations, above 17,400 in municipalities, and 42,800 in village panchayat boundaries, and greater than 10,100 in rural as well as mountainous regions will receive benefits from this breakfast scheme.
Eligibility Criteria For Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme
The eligibility standard needed to avail benefit from the Tamil Nadu CM breakfast scheme is as mentioned below:
- The Students must be from Tamil Nadu State only.
- Students must be studying from standard 1st to 5th (Primary Students)
- The Beneficiary must be from a government school itself.
Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme Online Registration Process
The official website portal for the Tamil Nadu CM breakfast scheme will be launched soon. As soon as the government releases any notification regarding the same we will immediately update you with the latest updates about this scheme. So stay connected with this website to know more.
Let us recall the evolution of this program in the state over the previous 100 years. There are also some similar programs ensuring meals to elementary school pupils. These are the lunch program in Madras, India, started in 1957. Also, in 1989, chief minister M. Karunanidhi inaugurated a nutritious meal plan, which is presently in operation and being improved. In a similar way, this breakfast scheme in Tamil Nadu aims to give students from affluent elementary schools with nutritional benefits as well as to increase children’s self-confidence and also improve their health.