As we all know that Cybercrimes are increasing rapidly day by day in our country. As now a days people are lodging a large number of reports related to cybercrime every other day. Previously, citizens have to go to the cybercrime branches of their region in order to file any complaint. But now, the Government of India has started a cybercrime portal. Through this portal citizens can log any cybercrime complaints. Along with this they can check it’s status as well. So, if anyone is a victim of any online crime or scam, then this initiative will definitely assist you. With it’s inauguration not only you will be able to lodge an online fraud or scam complaint through online process, but you will also have other facility such as checking their application status.
File Cybercrime Complaint Online
Before we discuss the detailed process, one must know about some very important things. As people should generally know that what type of crimes are known as cyber crimes. Therefore, in the unfortunate event of you being an innocent victim of these crimes, you will get to know exactly where to report them.
The Complaints related to online Child Pornography (CP), Children Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or the sexually explicit content for instance -Rape or Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content.
Along with the Complaints associated with cybercrimes for example- Mobile Phone crimes, other online and social media crimes, online economic frauds, ransomware, hacking crimes, frauds about cryptocurrency as well as online cyber trafficking.
If anyone desires to file a complaint about any of the above-listed acts, they can definitely use this National Cybercrime Reporting Portal.
The Process to file Any Cybercrime Complaint Online in India at- @cybercrime.gov.in
- First of all, you need to open the the official website of cybercrime India
- At the menu section, you need to move at first and second menu list. Named as “Report Women/Child-Related Crime” & “Report Other Cyber Crime”
- As the name itself says, if you desire to lodge any complaint about cybercrime associated with women or child, then go to the first option. Otherwise click on the generic option termed as “Report other cybercrime”
- To explain this to you, let’s open the other option. Kindly click on “Report Other cybercrime”
- Consequently a new page will open in front of you
- You need to click on the link of “File a Complaint” to file your complaint
- Now another page will appear before your screen. At there you need to click on accept terms and conditions option.
- Kindly tick the option termed as “I Accept”.
- Now you need to enter your phone number, then click on “Obtain OTP” to get the OTP on the given phone number
- After receiving, key in the OTP in available box
- Following that, write down a simple captcha for verification process and click on submit button
- After successfully logging in, you will get a complaint registration form.
- Fill out that form by entering all the needed information. At last, click on the “Submit” button to submit your complaint
- As soon as, your complaint is lodged, you will get a complaint ID. Save that ID. As it can be used to track your complaint status.
How to Check Status of Any Cyber Crime Complaint
Now we will tell you the easiest process to check the status of your cybercrime complaint online. Kindly follow these below mentioned simple steps to check status-
- Firstly, you need to log in to your account at the official website. That is- cybercrime.gov.in
- After logging in you need to click on “Check Status”
- Then enter your complaint ID or Search with your request Date
- Consequently, you can easily track the status of your cybercrime complaint online at this portal.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
The government of India has inaugurated this portal recently. The major objective of this website is to allow victims/ complainants to lodge their cybercrime complaints online. This website look after the complaints related to online Child Pornography (CP), Children Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or sexually explicit content for example Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content along with some other cybercrimes like mobile crimes, online and social media crimes, online economic frauds, ransomware, hacking, cryptocurrency frauds and online cyber trafficking.
What kind of information needs to be submitted in order to report a crime?
Either anyone can lodge their complaint anonymously (without revealing their name etc.) or by mentioning their Name, State & Mobile phone Number. Some data will be gathered during the process of complaint lodging.
Is there any kind of helpline number available for this cybercrime portal?
Yes, the government has recently announced a toll-free helpline number. That is 155260 . People can surely make a phone call from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM respectively any day to seek assistance from the authority.